A three-day winter weekend dedicated to celebrating nordic skiing in the Methow Valley. Bring your family and friends out for a day of free skiing and festivities on Friday, and a whole weekend of races, tours, clinics, community gatherings and trail-based fun.
Friday, January 22nd:
- Backyard Ski Day – All Day – Free trail access, free ski rentals, free ski lessons, free ice skating and every reason in the world to bring your family and friends out on the trail to try cross country skiing for the first time!
- Pursuit and Classic Race/Tour packet pick-up, 4:00-6:00pm, Methow Trails office.
Saturday, January 23rd:
- 9:30am Classic start of the Methow Valley Pursuit (30km)
- 9:45am Classic citizen race or tour up the Methow Community Trail, 30km and 10km options.
- Guided snowshoe and natural history tour, 11:00am
- Chili Feed at the Mazama Store, 12:00-3:00pm
- Nordic Festival Dinner, hosted by the MV Nordic Ski Team, 6:00pm at the Red Barn.
Sunday, January 24th:
Sunday skate race/tour registration and packet pick-up, Mazama Community Center, 8:30am-9:30am.
- Shuttle Bus leaves Town at 8:15am
- 9:30am Interval start for “Pursuit” racers, based on classic day result.
- 10:05am self seeded “mass start” for 30K/10K skate race and tour.
30K Pursuit, Race, Tour Course Map (10K course is the first section of the 30K course from Mazama to Brown’s Farm)