Financial Aid is available for Methow Valley Nordic Team (MVNT), Methow Valley Biathlon Team (MVB) and Ski Cubs families.
MVNSEF aims to keep program tuition affordable for families in the Methow Valley. While fundraising offsets a substantial portion of program costs, we understand that skiing involves a significant investment for tuition, equipment, as well as travel and camp fees for older skiers. Therefore, MVNSEF provides financial aid through our scholarship fund for all our youth programs to cover tuition, equipment and trip fees.
Assistance is based on a family’s need and the availability of funds. There are two types of applications depending on a skier’s level of involvement.
- For MVNT skiers in the Arctic Foxes or Polar Bears program, please fill out the form below.
- For MVNT skiers in the Lynx, Snow Leopards or Wolverines program, we will again be using the Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST) online application. The application can be found here.
- For other programs, please contact our Executive Director or the respective program director (see below).
Initial review of applications will begin on or about October 15. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you are applying for an invitational training camp or race travel, please submit the FAST application at least two weeks prior to the start of the camp or trip.
Important information on the FAST application:
- The FAST application process is self-guided. You may navigate into and out of the program allowing you to start an application and finish at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available at 1-877-326-FAST, should you have any questions.
- MVNSEF is covering the cost of all application fees this year. For a fee waiver voucher, please contact our Executive Director at ED@mvnsef.org before starting the application process.
- After completing the application, you will be required to upload, scan or mail your prior year tax documents (Federal taxes including all schedules and W-2s) to FAST. Details on secure submission are included in the application process and social security numbers may be blacked out.
- We encourage you use the ‘family letter’ in the application to help us understand the specifics of what you are applying for and their cost. The FAST application is set up for a fairly rigid school tuition structure, and we allow for funds to be applied to travel and camp opportunities beyond our basic program tuition and equipment rental allowance.
- Only one FAST application needs to be submitted per family per year. If you have already completed the FAST application and wish to apply for funds for a subsequent camp or travel opportunity, please contact our Executive Director by phone or email (see below).
Apply here through the FAST application (MVNT Lynx, Snow Leopard and Wolverine programs only):
If you have any questions, please contact our Executive Director or the respective program director.
Pete Leonard firstname.lastname@example.org 509-341-4450
Methow Valley Nordic Team: Leslie Hall email@example.com 509-996-6000
Methow Valley Biathlon Team: Betsy Devin-Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Ski Cubs: Keri Moore email@example.com